The Engineering Department oversees all engineering activities at JCWSA, including the following:
- Plan reviews and during construction observation.
- Assist developers and engineers with requests for information related to water/sewer development plans.
- Perform planning reports, project scheduling, engineering designs, construction plans, specifications, bid documents, and land surveying as-needed for self-performed JCWSA engineering projects.
- Liaison for Authority on engineering related issues with other agencies, such as GDOT, municipal partners, Upper Oconee Basin Water Authority (UOBWA), Jackson County, etc.
- Preparation of reports and technical information for presentation to the Authority’s Board and outside commissions/committees.
- Preparation and presentation of yearly reports, including the annual water audit, to Georgia Environmental Protection Division (EPD).
- Oversight/administration of the JCWSA Backflow Protection Program.
- Administration and oversite of projects involving consulting engineers, architects, etc., including administration of the JCWSA on-demand engineering list.
- Determinations of water and/or sewer availability.
In addition to the duties above, the JCWSA engineering department is currently performing engineering design, land surveying, and construction management services for SPLOST 6 (which includes over $9,000,000 in water system construction projects). Our goal is to expand the JCWSA water service area, providing fire protection and drinking water to rural unserved and underserved areas.
Engineering Department Members
- Joey P. Leslie, PE RLS, Authority Engineer
- Donna Anthony, Engineering / IT / GIS Administrative Assistant
- Mitchell Redmon, Construction Inspector / Utility Compliance
- Nathan Hester, PE, Associate Engineer
- Jordan Evans, EIT, Engineering Technician